October 7, 2012

Roasted Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Alfredo

Holy deliciousness!  The other day I was trolling 'Pinterest' for some new recipes ideas and I came across this - Roasted Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Alfredo and I knew I had to give it a try!  Not only was it delicious but it was also 'relatively' easy to make.  On Thursday I took a trip to Trader Joe's to get all the ingredients - Trader Joe's has an awesome cheese selection and then I anxiously waited for Friday night so I could start cooking (yes - I couldn't wait to start making this dish!).  This was the first time I had roasted my own red peppers and I think the homemade roasting made all the difference!  Here's the ingredients ...

Roasted Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Alfredo

Ingredients
2 whole red bell peppers
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup fat free half & half
4 oz. garlic & herb goat cheese
2/3 cup grated parigiano reggiano cheese
1/2 lb. linguine (cooked to al dente)
salt & pepper (to taste)

Start by roasting the red peppers - place the red peppers on a foil lined pan, preheat the oven to 500 degrees and roast the peppers for approximately 25 minutes.  Once they are finished roasting place tin foil over the peppers to allow them to cool and shrivel.  Cook the pasta!

Pre - roast
Post - roast
Next - chop the onions and garlic and then sautee them in the olive oil for about 7 minutes.  Once the onions are translucent and the garlic is starting to brown stir in the half and half.  Add the goat cheese and allow the cheese to melt.  While the cheese is melting peel and de-stem the roasted red peppers.

Peeled roasted red peppers!
 Next - add the roasted red peppers and the parigiano reggiano cheese to the pot.

Adding the roasted red peppers to the cheese mixture.
Next - it's time for the food processor or an immersion blender!  I have neither but I am lucky to know someone who has a food processor.  Pour the roasted peppers and the cheese mix into the food processor.

Sauce and pepper mixture in the food processor.
 Blend the peppers and cheese mix and then return to the pan and allow to reheat.

Post food processor!
Lastly, add the pasta (I was only cooking for two so I had enough sauce to freeze for later) and mix!  I also grilled a small chicken breast to go with the pasta.

Ta-da!
The dish was delicious!  Definitely a winner and something that I will undoubtedly make again!

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment