September 11, 2011

My first completely vegan meal!!

I had been eying a recipe in 'The Kind Diet' for sometime; rustic pasta and I decided that tonight was the night!  I have been going strong with my (nearly strictly) vegetarian diet for about two weeks now and I am seeing some pretty crazy changes!  So back to the rustic pasta; since I went to the farmer's market (this time in Schenectady) I had a few extra veggies so I decided to throw them in even though the recipe did not call for it.

Sautee in a little EVOO:
Onions
Garlic
Celery
Cabbage
Peppers (red and green)
Garlic powder
Crushed red pepper



Once all the veggies are good and hot add:
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup marinara sauce



(In the meantime cook about 1/2 lb of pasta.  I chose garden vegetable fettuccine)

When the pasta is finished and the veggie/sauce mixture has cooked, mix it all together and voila!  It turned out to be pretty good! 



This weekend I also made some pretty delicious peanut butter cookies.  I froze the majority of the cookie dough and have been only making a few at a time.




So aside from making a delicious vegan dinner I have been quite productive today!  I ran my first 5K since the beginning of June in record time, went to the farmer's market, made two vegetable lasagnas (to be frozen and eaten later), cooked a pot of beans to eat over salad and throughout the week and I am currently working on writing my first paper of the semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment