September 26, 2011

(Not So Many) Happenings!

Not much has been going on lately.  I am heavily into my fall routine of early morning workouts, work all day, class all night then coming home to crash.  This past weekend I went to Montoursville, Pennsylvania (near Williamsport) and met up with my mother at my grandparent's house; it was a nice and relaxing weekend!

I have begun experimenting with more vegan meals and products (although I seriously fell off the wagon this weekend - but hey, it was vacation).  First up is vegan 'cheese'!  I found this at the Fresh Market in Latham and while it is not very good by itself it was not half bad when used in combination with other ingredients; I made a quasadilla!



Next up!  I made my first dinner with tofu!  I chopped up a bunch of vegetables and sauteed them and the tofu in a Trader Joe's General Tso's sauce, toward the end I added veggie pasta! 



Lastly, my grandmother made soup this weekend and it was absolutely delicious, I had to try and make it myself!  While not vegan by any means it is vegetarian.  

Broccoli Cheese Soup (with Noodles)

3/4 lb velveeta type cheese (cubed or shredded)
1 onion (chopped)
6 cups chicken broth
10 oz frozen chopped broccoli or fresh cut
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 lb sharp cheese - shredded
10 oz fine noodles
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp garlic powder or salt

Heat broth, add broccoli, noodles, onions, garlic.  When noodles are cooked add cheese, milk and butter.


This coming weekend we are sponsoring an 'Energy Smart in the Park' Day to promote energy efficiency in low income areas of Schenectady, we are even giving away a refrigerator!  I am pretty excited, but it has turned into a two man show for preparing the event, cleaning up the park and making sure everything happens, hopefully it'll go off without a hitch.

And to celebrate Monday... the top of my cube!

Cardboard bus disaster and plants Peter Parker and Kris Kringle!

No comments:

Post a Comment