April 29, 2013

Three Ingredient 'Pancake'

The other morning I woke up starving and was craving pancakes; however I didn't want to go through the trouble of making 'actual' pancakes and I knew that we were going out to lunch later that day so I didn't want anything too heavy.  I had seen a recipe for two/three ingredient pancakes floating around the blog world and at first I completely dismissed it.  "There is not way you can make a decent pancake with just two or three ingredients!"  But, given my level of hungriness and my desire to not cook I figured I would give it a try!
 
The three ingredients are - 1 egg, 1 banana and 2 tablespoons peanut butter.  That's it!  (I also added about 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon - which is optional.)  The peanut butter is also optional which would make it a two ingredient pancake but I think the peanut butter definitely added to it!  Now I will admit that this does not taste 'like' a pancake but it definitely doesn't taste like an egg or banana.  It cooks up pretty much identical to a pancake and has the consistency of a non-fluffy pancake.  The ingredients yielded three decent sized pancakes and kept me full for the morning.
 
Three Ingredient Pancakes
 
Ingredients
1 large egg
1 ripe banana
2 TBS peanut butter
(1/2 tsp cinnamon - optional)
 
Directions
Mix all the ingredients ~ heat a greased or non-stick pan to medium heat ~ pour batter into pan and cook until golden brown and cooked through.
 
Egg, banana and peanut butter!
Cooking it up!


Looks like a pancake!
Give it a try and decide for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment