March 7, 2012

Veggies & Kale Chips

I made a trip to the veggie mobile today and got some pretty awesome stuff which I later turned into some delicious creations!
Veggie Loot
 I really had no clue what to do with the kale as I have never cooked with it before but I decided to try and make some kale chips.  I was told they taste pretty similar to potato chips - which I did not believe for a second - but I can safely report that they do!  I washed the kale, pulled the leaves apart and placed them in a large bowl; poured some olive oil over the kale and added some salt and crushed red pepper.  The great thing about the kale chips is that you can season them however you like!  After I seasoned them I placed them on a baking sheet and sprinkled a little parmesan cheese on top.  I baked them at 375 degrees for about 10 - 12 minutes and then let them cool.  Be sure to not let them get brown because then they will turn bitter.


Since I got so many good vegetables at the veggie mobile today that I am not planning on using right away I chopped the red peppers, zucchini and onions and placed them in a bag to freeze so that next time I want to make veggie chili I will have everything ready!

And last but certainly not least - I signed the lease on my new apartment today!  I am so excited!  It is a great space and I cannot wait until June 1st!

I decided to celebrate with some homemade pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment