April 23, 2012

Hammer Time! (And other fun weekend activities)

I had a pretty fabulous weekend - it was filled with good food, even better friends, an awesome movie and a little hammer throwing - what more could you ask for!  And despite the fact that it was cold and rainy for a good part of Saturday and nearly all of Sunday and that I had (still have) a 30 book annotated bibliography hanging over my head - the weekend was still pretty great.  I failed to take very many (good) pictures so I am relying on Google imagines quite a bit for this post.  

Koji Murofushi - love him
Saturday morning started out with a trip to the Troy Farmer's Market (which I blogged about here); I had not been there in a while and it was still inside despite being unseasonably warm for this time of year.  I was able to pick up some apples and a few awesome cookies for later in the day.  After that I made my way up to RPI to participate in one of my favorite past time - watching a track meet!  The Liberty League Championships to be more exact.  I ended up staying for the men's and women's hammer as well as most of the men's discus; I brought my quilt to sit on and packed a lunch, it was pretty awesome and I dare say some of the other spectators were jealous of my preparation (but after nearly 10 years of track meets every weekend, you learn to come prepared).  And I must say watching the throws and observing all the coaches, it REALLY made me miss coaching (not actually throwing - just watching them throw made my back hurt).  After the meet I ended up visiting some friends and chatting with my college roommate, it was SO great to catch up. 

After sleeping in (or rather falling back asleep) Sunday morning, I was able to indulge in a little coffee, couponing, french toast and Meet the Press (typical Sunday morning).  Working out was followed by grocery shopping and a little more procrastinating on my annotated bibliography.  Then that afternoon I went to go see Cabin In The Woods.  Let me preface this by saying - I do NOT like scary movies, I always tend to get really freaked out and at night I think I hear whatever bad thing from the horror movie outside my bedroom window.  BUT this movie was a complete mind f**k!  It was SO good!  I would see it again and I do not say that about many movies.  It was nothing what you would expect and I was thinking about this movie well after it was over.  So this movie definitely gets my recommendation - go see it!  After the movie I indulged and bought two new (and very cute) pairs of shoes!

After the movie I worked on creating a pretty delicious dinner - foil packed chicken!  This is how it went down.  

Ingredients
Chicken (I used tenderloins), stuffing (chicken flavored, if not homemade), bacon (I used turkey bacon) broccoli, cheese, ranch dressing and tin foil.

~ Preheat the oven to 400 degrees - prepare stuffing and bacon - place (however many you will be making) tin foil squares on the counter and spray with non-stick spray - let the layers bring - 1st stuffing, 2nd chicken tenderloins (I used 2 per foil pack), 3rd turkey bacon, 4th broccoli, 5th cheese, 6th ranch dressing drizzle - once the layers are prepared fold the sides of the foil pack so that the layers are enclosed but there is still room for it to cook, do not pack tightly - bake at 400 for about 20 - 25 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken) ~

Holy moly it was delicious!  I will definitely be making this again!  
Here are some pictures ...

No comments:

Post a Comment