April 20, 2012

What to do with all that beer?

Aside from drink it!  (Which I am not doing much of these days.)  So I decided to make beer bread!  Honey beer bread to be more exact and holy moly it was delicious!  For the beer I decided to use an organic brown ale from Vermont.

Here is the recipe with some pictures to follow ...

Honey Beer Bread

Ingredients  
3 cups all-purpose flour 
2 Tbsp sugar 
1 Tbsp baking powder 
1 tsp salt 
2 Tbsp honey 
1 bottle (12 ounces) beer 
4 Tbsp butter, melted
~ Preheat the oven to and grease a loaf pan - in a mixer (or large bowl) mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt - slowly mix in the honey and beer until the ingredients are just mixed - melt the butter and place about half of it in the bottom of the loaf pan - spoon dough into the loaf pan and spread the remaining butter on top ~

Bake at 325 degrees for about 50 - 60 minutes

A few of the ingredients and the view from my kitchen window on a beautiful afternoon!
Mixing in the beer!
I know it looks like a whole lot of butter but I promise it is not THAT much!
Straight from the oven!
Delicious!

And since it was such a nice day and because I work so close to Washington Park, I decided to take a walk and look at the tulips.  The Albany Tulip Festival is Mother's Day weekend however it is rumored that the tulips may not last until then.  Either way - they are pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment