September 28, 2012

Things Are Looking Up!

I have been super MIA lately but A LOT has been going on!  So here goes ...

 
Yay!  If you have read my blog in the past you know that I put up this same picture about eight months ago.  Well, here it is again and I could not be more thrilled!  I pretty much landed my dream job!  If you know me, you know that I was very unhappy at my current agency.  I liked MY job and the work that I did but I was very unhappy with my supervisor and the management of my grant and the center as a whole.  Needless to say I am VERY happy that I will be leaving!  My last day is October 17th and I plan on taking a four day weekend before starting my new job.  I will be working for Policy Research Associates (PRA) located in Delmar, NY as a SOAR TA Center Project Associate.  I will be apart of a five person that provides technical assistance to national SAMHSA grants - essentially I will be helping agencies help people rather than providing direct service.  Halleluiah - no more direct service! I will be in charge of 10 states, mainly in the mid-west and will be responsible for providing technical assistance both on site and otherwise; which means lots of travel!  The position is also a HUGE jump in salary which I am thrilled about!  I am so excited and can't wait to start!
 
So the past couple weeks have been spent applying, interviewing, resigning and getting everything prepared for the person who will take over my position.  I have also been doing the Insanity workouts with my neighbor Jamie and it is INTENSE!  And by intense I mean ridiculously intense!  I have been sore for days!  The workouts are a ton of interval training, cardio, plyos and abs!

And lastly, I have also been enjoying football and we have been having ridiculously lazy and fabulous weekends - Sundays are normally full of sleeping in, a late (big) breakfast, an awesome workout at the YMCA, all day football watching, fun snacks/appetizers and then a big Sunday dinner - normally cooked in all day in the slow cooker!
 
Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment