December 3, 2012

Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup

Here comes another simple and delicious Plain Chicken recipe that is helping me get out of my repetitive dinner rut!  I LOVE soup!  I have actually been on somewhat of a soup kick the past couple of months, I have made a couple but it can be difficult without an immerson blender or a food processor (Santa?); so when I say that this recipe was condense soup based and included tortellini, I was SOLD!   
 
The soup was awesome and after we ate I had enough leftover for lunch the next day and to give some to my neighbor for dinner!  Soup has also been more than welcome since it is fast becoming winter here in Upstate New York.  Here's the recipe ...
 
Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
(Adapted from Plain Chicken)
1 package Barilla 'for two' cheese tortellini
2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) Campbell's condensed tomato soup
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 cups half-and-half cream
1 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
 
Instructions
Cook the torellini ~ In a seperate pot combine all ingredients except the cheese and cooked tortellini ~ Heat and allow flavors to combine ~ Add tortellini ~ Serve hot and top with parmesan cheese.
Serve with garlic bread!

Again - that's it!  So simple and delicious!  This was a great weeknight meal and something that I will definitely be making again!

Creamy Tomato Torellini Soup
Note - Picture is from Plain Chicken

Note II - My iPhone camera still bites

No comments:

Post a Comment