August 12, 2013

Parmesan Crusted Broiled Tilapia

Happy Monday!  I have a GREAT recipe to help kick off the week!  Two weeks ago I was looking to make something for dinner that wasn't ... chicken.  We eat a lot of chicken - chicken wraps, chicken stews and chicken dinners in general so I wanted to mix it up.  Enter - tilapia!  I really like fish but I am always somewhat nervous about cooking it, I always feel like I am going to under cook the fish and then more often than not I end up overcooking it.  For this recipe though I was spot on!

Parmesan Crusted Broiled Tilapia
 
Ingredients
2 large or 4 small tilapia fillets
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese1/8 Cup Butter
1 1/2 Tablespoons Mayo (I used light mayo)
1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Dill (optional)
Pepper to taste
  
Directions
Turn broiler onto high and adjust oven rack to the top ~ In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except the tilapia and set aside ~ Place the tilapia on a foil lined pan (skin/darker side up) and broil for 3 minutes ~ After 3 minutes remove from the oven, flip the fish over and divide the parmesan mixture over the uncooked sides of the tilapia ~  Return to the oven and broil for an additional 3 - 4 minutes.
 
(Note - during the second round of broiling the excess sauce that fell on to the pan began to smoke a bit (not the fish, just the excess sauce) because of this I would recommend lowering the rack for the second round of broiling)
 
I ended up not taking a picture because to be honest mine sort of fell apart while transferring it to the plate - but regardless it was delicious!  The flavor of the sauce was excellent, the ingredients mixed well and it ended up being a great light summer dish (even though I would make this during the winter as well).  Enjoy!
 
Parmesan Crusted Broiled Tilapia
(This picture is not mine but rather stolen from someone who's fish didn't fall apart in the pan to plate transition.)

No comments:

Post a Comment