August 21, 2013

When My Co-Workers Come To Town

Last week all of my coworkers came to town!  There are five Senior Project Associates on staff and all with the exception of myself are remote employees.  So about 4 times a year we all come together for a big staff meeting; frequently we will see each other at conferences, trainings or travel with each other throughout the year but only a couple times a year are we all in the office at once.
 
This time around we were getting together for a number of reasons - mental health first aid training (MHFA) which was taught by one of my coworkers, a baby shower, a day long team meeting and PRA track day at the Saratoga Racetrack!
 
Mental Health First Aid training curriculum and MHFA's mascot ALGEE

After MHFA training we all raced over to my boss's house for a surprise baby shower for my colleague!  My contribution to the shower, aside from some of my favorite children's books were a mountain of milk chocolate cheesecake peanut butter brownies!

These puppies are AMAZING!
 
Opening presents at the SOAR surprise baby shower!

The next day we would have an all day team meeting which was then followed by PRA's track day at the Saratoga Racetrack!  Every year my company takes a day and goes up to enjoy the track.  This was my first year attending and it was so much - we have tickets to the grandstands so we are required to dress up, the buffet and drinks are included and the President of our company buys us each a $5 win ticket for the first horse race.  My horse came in second - so close!

The year was the 50th Anniversary of 'the Track'
 
Race schedule and my win ticket bet!

It was an awesome day to be at the track!
 
Overall track day was a blast - I got to hang out with a bunch of my coworkers outside the office, bet on the races, watch the horse run and even though I only won $2.85 it was well worth it!  I am already looking forward to next year's track day!

No comments:

Post a Comment