October 27, 2013

(More) Adventures in New York City

About a month ago I was headed to New York City again for work, but this time was different because - my mother was meeting me there!  I had to be in the city Sunday - Tuesday for work so I decided to extend the trip one day on the front end so that she could meet me in the city!  We had about half of Saturday and all day Sunday to hang out, walk around the city and eat some really good food!  Here's some pictures of our adventures ...
 
The High Line!  My mom really wanted to walk the high line and with the line pretty much ended at the Chelsea Market I was all for it!  The high line was gorgeous and provided great views of the city, art and overall it's just a very unique attraction in the city!
 
Momma at the start of the High Line!
 
Art view from the High Line!

Me! 

The Chelsea Market!  One of my favorite places in NYC!

Someone's excited!

We got some pretty epic bagels at the Chelsea Market!

After walking the High Line and visiting the Chelsea Market we headed back up town - stopping at the HUGE TJ Maxx and Marshalls for a little shopping (I bought a new cross body purse) then headed to Time Square.  At 3 PM the TKTS Discount Booth opened and we wanted to be in line!  Sunday night we got tickets to see Rock of Ages and I was SO excited!  I love love love 80s hairbands - my mother often says that I should have been born earlier so that I could have enjoyed the 80s.  After getting the tickets we headed up to Rockefeller Center, enjoyed a cupcake at Magnolia Bakery and stopped at the Fox News building to take a picture for my father. 

Momma in Time Square!
 
Me doing dirty things to Matt Lauer. 
(Adam may or may not have a small obsession with this man.)
 
Flags at Rockefeller Center!
 
For my father - his obsession with FoxNews is somewhat unhealthy.
 
Best.  Show.  Ever.  Seriously, it was amazing!

Monday I had to work and my mother enjoyed her day in the city.  That night we decided to head over to Eataly which was probably one of the best decisions we made the entire trip!  Eataly is a gourmet Italian market that includes 7 resturants!  We decided to eat at La Pizza & Pasta which as you can probably guess specializes in pizza and pasta - it was so good!

I got a handmade pasta with pesto sauce!
 
Mom got homemade ravioli!
 
After dinner we headed to the off Broadway show 'NEWSical the Musical' which paradoies current events, celebrities and politicians.  This show was much shorter and was in a smaller theater but it was so freaking funny!
 
NEWSical!

See on the way back to the hotel after NEWSical.
 
All in all another great trip to NYC - but even better this time because my mom was able to join me!  We'll be heading back in mid-November to watch Elise sing at Carnegie Hall and spend the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment