October 15, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

Three day weekends are wonderful but oddly enough they always leave me wanting another day off.  Oh well - back to work!  This afternoon I will be heading to the Southern Tier for the next couple of days to facilitate a training.  It'll be good to be back on the road, and this trip kicks off a steady stream of travel from now until about Thanksgiving.
 
This weekend was good but also stressful - being relatively new homeowners is HARD!  Especially when the house you own is 150+ years old.  Things keep breaking, there is so much to do and I wonder if there will ever be a time where we can just relax and enjoy a weekend without having a mile long to-do-list (it definitely won't be anytime soon!).  But in between moments of stress and exhaustion we also had a pretty good weekend.  Here are a few of the highlights ...
 
Friday night I made spinach lasagna roll ups with a butternut squash sauce - it was delicious!  Recipe to come later.
 

Sunday we went to Pittsfield, MA to visit Adam's grandmother, but along the way we stopped in Vermont (one of my favorite places) to pick up some apples and generally enjoy the nice fall afternoon.  There is no better place to enjoy the fall than Vermont!  One day I will have my cabin in the woods there.

Me and the blue moose!

Elise enjoying her candy apple.

View of the Berkshire Mountains from Adam's grandmother's balcony.

Walking around downtown Pittsfield!

Monday we decided to get our nails did!  I really do like getting my nails done but it is something I do very rarely.  Maybe I'll start doing it more often, who knows.  I went with a shimmery dark grey gel manicure which should last for a couple weeks.

Pretty nails!

Lastly, Saturday night I picked up my latest Zaycon Foods order - 40 LB of fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts!  The chicken comes directly from the processor and has never been frozen; that does mean though it needs to be paired down which can take some time, but in the end it's totally worth it!  For about $75 I got enough chicken to last us months!  In my mind it really is a good deal, especially for people who eat a lot of chicken!

Post pairing and portioning of the chicken!  That's A LOT of chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment