January 27, 2014

Randoms

Here's a couple random pictures from the last month of so!
 
I redid my little coffee 'nook' at my house.  My parents sent me back with that wire basket filled with a bunch of stuff - I ended up re-purposing the basket for all my coffee 'supplies'.  They also gave me that awesome Virginia mug that you see next to the coffee creamer.
 
 
On my way home from Pennsylvania in mid-December (which is about a 4.5 hour drive) I was about an 1.5 hours outside of Albany and all the sudden traffic came to a complete stop along 88 East.  I was one of the first cars to stop (even before the emergency vehicles arrived) and soon found out that a truck carrying a cattle trailer had been in an accident (due to ice) and two cows were loose on the highways!  The picture below is of two stopped truckers trying to wrangle the cows and keep them from running toward our cars.  One even made a make-shift lasso!  Everyone in the accident was fine and eventually they contained the cows, but we sat for a good 45 minutes before we were moving again.


In December Adam and I attending one of our friends 'Fancy Pants' party in Troy.  The point of the party is essentially to get dressed up (fancy), go out to a nice dinner (Lo Porto) and then do a little bar hopping.  It was a fun night and we got a good picture to show for it!

 
The other night I took 'my man' on a date to Bonefish Grill!  Bonefish opened in Albany a couple months ago and I had been wanting to go there for a while.  We made a reservation, I got a little dressed up and off we went for a nice dinner out.  The food was awesome!  We got the Bang Bang Shrimp for an appetizer; for dinner Adam got the shrimp and scallops while I got the Tilapia Imperial with crab meat, shrimp and gruyere cheese on top.  With dinner I had an awesome glass of Kim Crawford wine (one of my favorites) and Adam had a glass of Sangria.  It was a great dinner and I would definitely recommend Bonefish Grill!
 
 
Annnnnd here's a cute picture of the (sleepy) cat!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment