November 13, 2011

Tis' the Season for Donations!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have been working on putting together a bag of donations for the  Thanksgiving food drive run by 'Concern for the Hungry' in Schenectady, NY.  There is SO much need and so much poverty in Schenectady, especially in the Hamilton Hill/Vale areas that I figured any little bit would help.  So for about the past two months I have been clipping coupons for 'Thanksgiving' items and have been picking up items here and there.  Tomorrow I'll head over the the elementary school where the donations are being stored and drop them off.  I was hoping to volunteer to pack and distribute the items but oddly enough the organization is no longer accepting volunteers (which I guess is a good thing).  

 
  
The donation list included ... 
5 boxes of stuffing mix
24 jars of baby food
8 cans of soup
2 cans of 'cooking' soup
8 cans of green beans
6 cans of corn
2 cans of peas
50 tea bags

No comments:

Post a Comment