December 3, 2011

Veggie Chili - Wii - Running

I have been feeling a little under the weather for the past couple of days and working until about 8:30 last night did not help.  This week was also the start of my half marathon training plan.  I am giving myself until the end of January (when the registration fee goes up) to determine if I will be ready for the race in Washington, D.C. on March 17th.  Fingers crossed!  So after sleeping in (8 AM haha) and before I headed out for my run and hot yoga I threw together a pretty amazing pot of chili that I am excited to eat tonight!

I soaked various beans (kidney, black, white and pink) over night and placed them in the crock pot.


I added an onion and green pepper...


Then a zucchini...
Then diced tomatoes and tomato sauce...


And finally various spices...


I stirred everything and placed the crock pot on 'low' heat and let it cook all day!


Yesterday I also 'adopted' a Wii!  When the Career Development Center opened in February a Wii was bought, but it has never been used and for the past 10 months it has been sitting in a draw.  I concluded that that was pretty much as waste so I decided to adopt the Wii (with permission) until further notice and I committed myself to learning how to use it (well) so that I can hold programming and game nights for the students!


First I just have to learn how to use it - that is my plan for the weekend!

I have also been working on a 30 page term paper for my Transportation Policy class entitled 'The Cross Bronx Expressway and Highway Construction Inequalities in Our Community'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment