February 26, 2013

Baked Shrimp Scampi

Since I have been observing lent this year by giving up cheese I figured I would also challenge myself to not eat meat on Fridays.  So Fridays = no meat and no cheese.  Challenge accepted!  This Friday was also unique in that we were going to the Tegan & Sarah concert (so much fun!) that night which meant I had about 45 minutes to cook dinner, eat, get ready and be out the door!  So I searched the internet looking for something that was meatless, cheese-less and quick!  I decided on a baked shrimp scampi - not the healthiest thing on the planet (everything in moderation) but quick, easy and from the picture looked delicious! 
Baked Shrimp Scampi
Ingredients
1/2 cup of butter
2 heaping tablespoons dijon mustard
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 LB shrimp (raw, shelled, deveined, tails detached)
1/2 LB linguine

Directions
Thaw, peel, devein and de-tail the shrimp (if not already done) ~ preheat the oven to 450 degrees ~ in a sauce pan melt the butter and combine with the dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic and parsley ~ whisk occasionally and allow to heat throughly, but not boil ~ place the raw shrimp in a greased shallow glass baking dish (I used an 8x8) ~ pour the butter mixture in the dish and bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until shrimp is pink (do not over cook or the shrimp will become rubbery) ~ while the shrimp is baking, cook the linguine ~ plate and serve together with your favorite veggie (I chose broccoli, of course)


This dish was REALLY good!  Go light on the sauce because it is rich but this recipe mirrored some of the best shrimp scampi I have had, not to mention it is a great super quick weeknight meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment