June 6, 2013

Meal Planning 101

Remember back when I was somewhat of a crazy couponer?  This is not a post about that but it is a post about meal planning, saving money and getting back to my weekly couponing.  For various reasons we are trying to be frugal - it is the year of austerity!  We sort of sat down and said where can we save money and a big area was grocery shopping.  In the past year or so I have really gotten away from my weekly grocery shopping and couponing and have gotten in the habit of going to to the grocery store multiple times during the week which may be more convenient and require less planning but is also much more expensive!

In an effort to curb my recently adopted multiple grocery store trip a week habit we decided to start meal planning and then go to the grocery store only once per week (if it can be helped - sometimes you just need to swing by and grab something).  So far I am really liking this plan - it makes me feel prepared and I know I will save money by only going to the grocery store once a week.  This is only the first week so some meals are TBD and others are non-specific (on own = we won't be cooking together that night). 

So here it is - week #1 of meal planning!

Weekly Meal Plan
Monday
On Own
Tuesday
Chicken Cesar Wraps w/Sweet Potato Tots
Wednesday
Caprese Pasta Salad
Thursday
Out to Dinner with Friends
Friday
Saturday
Tacos
Sunday
TBD




No comments:

Post a Comment