February 23, 2012

I Hate Meatloaf ...

But I decided to give it a try and it actually turned out really well!  I also made scalloped potatoes and some steamed veggies. 

Turkey Meatloaf
1 lb ground turkey
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons ketchup
3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1 green pepper
1 red pepper

Heat oil in medium skillet and cook onion and peppers, stirring frequently until soft.  Add garlic, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper - stirring for about one minute.  Add Worcestershire sauce, chicken broth and one tbs ketchup.  Once mixed transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool.

Add ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, egg white and remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper (I also added about 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes - for a little kick) - mix everything together.

Shape into a loaf and place on a greased baking sheet (or a niffy silicon baking sheet).  Brush the meatloaf with the remaining 2 tbs of ketchup.  

Bake at 375 degrees for one hour or until an internal thermometer reads 170 degrees.


The scalloped potatoes were also delicious and they are one of my favorite things!  I sliced the potatoes but didn't remove the skin because the potatoes were pretty small.  The cheese sauce is the same as I use to make macaroni and cheese, but this time I used all reduced or fat free ingredients!


Last weekend I made chicken tacos and they were also pretty delicious!

Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
4 chicken breasts (or 8 chicken tenderloins)
1 jar of salsa
1 packet of taco seasoning
Cook at 'low' for about 6 hours and serve with all the fixins'!
 And I finally used my silver dollar pancake skillet to make banana and blackberry pancakes!

And last but not least - my co-workers could not find a red dot magnet like everyone else has for the 'In & Out' board so they found this one for me!
It's sort of scary how they know me so well already!

No comments:

Post a Comment