January 6, 2013

Creamy Crock Pot Potato Soup

The other night I made a dinner that was so simple I am convinced that even a monkey could have pulled it off!  It literally took me five minutes to put together and it was delicious!  This is also a great weeknight meal because you put everything in the crock pot and then leave it to cook all day.  And thanks to my amazing new crock pot everything cooked evenly and was super delicious!  Here's the recipe.
 
Creamy Potato Soup
(adapted from Plain Chicken)
 
30 oz bag of frozen shredded hash browns
6 cups chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 tablespoons onion flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 block (8 oz) light cream cheese
 
Instructions
Mix together everything except the cream cheese ~ cook in the crock pot on low for 8 - 10 hours ~ about 20 minutes before serving add the cream cheese, mix and allow to melt ~ top with shredded cheese, bacon or sour cream (optional - I ate it plain and it was delicious)
 
My awesome new crock pot!  Love the countdown timer - I don't think I'll ever get one without the timer again!

No comments:

Post a Comment