January 3, 2013

Goals for 2013


This year I thought I would write down my New Year's Resolutions 'Goals for 2013'.  I don't really do 'resolutions' but I like the idea of setting goals, so last night I sat down and thought - what would I like to accomplish in the upcoming year and I was able to come up with a few.  So here they are!
 
Be healthy - good food and good workouts
Be a great girlfriend and friend
Read more books
Blog more
Try more new recipes
Run a 10K, 15K or half marathon
 
Being more healthy always seems to be on the 'goal' list but it's an ongoing process.  I try to be as healthy as I can but it can be difficult.  For 2013 I want to keep up with my workouts, eat better and hopefully run a longer race. 
 
Ever since graduating from my Master's program I have been trying to read more books - it can be a challenge with the iPad, TV and all the other (wonderful) distractions but I want to maintain, if not increase my reading. 
 
Blog more!  I feel like I have been doing a good job of keeping up with my blog in the past six months and I want to keep that going! 
 
I am always looking to try new recipes and over the past couple of months I have definitely been experimenting more in the kitchen and I want to keep that up as well. 
 
Lastly, I would really like to run a longer race.  So far my longest race has been a 4 miler, along with a bunch of 5Ks and 3.5 milers but I would really like to challenge myself to run a 10K, 15K or half marathon.  I know there is a big difference between a 10K and a half marathon but given that I am really into spinning right now (and not logging the miles on the payment/treadmill) I am going to leave race goal open, for now - all I know is that I would like to train for and run a longer race.
 
So here's to a fabulous 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment