January 28, 2013

Workout Review (January 21 - 27, 2013)

I think I was a little too ambitious with my first week of scheduled workouts so I wasn't able to complete everyday as assigned but that's okay because I learned a lot this week and did well in other areas, here's the run down ...
  • I realized I can't be too harsh on myself if I don't do every workout on my agenda - I need to go with the flow!  Last time I trained on a plan I was so strict with myself that I got burned out, so this time I am going to listen to my body and rest or back off the plan when needed.
  • Last week I really focused on eating slowly and controlling my portions - what a difference they make!  I have also been focusing on making better choices with sweets; Adam and I went to TCBY the other night and instead of getting chocolate and candy on top of my fo yo I stuck to fruit and just a few mini-M&Ms.  This is progress!
  • Along with portion control, making better choices and eating more slowly I have been working to find alternatives to my favorite calorie laden meals.  Example - instead of making mac and cheese last week I made a mac and cheese with broccoli soup; it was a Weight Watchers recipe that I found the recipe on Skinnytaste - it wasn't quite the same but it cured my craving for mac and cheese!
  • Work has been really busy lately, I feel like I am 'go go go' all day which is awesome but at the end of the day I am TIRED and that can effect the intensity of my 'after work' workouts.
  • Lastly, it has been COLD here!  Like - doesn't get above 15 degrees during the day COLD and you better believe that this type of cold will affect my desire to get up at 5 AM to log the miles.

Workout Schedule for January 21 - 27, 2013
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - 3 mile run (COMPLETE)
Wednesday - Spin class (COMPLETE)
Thursday - 3 mile run and 'Total Ryder in Motion' spin class (ACTUAL - Total Ryder in Motion Spin class)
Friday - Insanity or yoga (ACTUAL - Rest)
Saturday - 3 mile run (ACTUAL - 4.5 miles)
Sunday - 5 mile run (ACTUAL - Day trip to Stockbridge and Great Barrington, MA - not actual mileage but lots of walking!)
 
Workout Review:  On Tuesday I was still really sore from my run the previous Sunday so those three miles were painful and felt like they took forever.  After Tuesday I took a break from running for a couple of days to focus on spinning - Wednesday's spin class was great as was Thursday's albeit a lot more challenging because the bikes move!  Saturday's miles felt great!  It was the first time in a long time that running didn't completely bite - the pace was slow but steady - it took a while but I ran almost all of it!  
So for this coming week!
 
Workout Schedule for January 28 - February 3, 2013
Monday - Spin class (VENT Fitness)
Tuesday - Spin class (Total Ryder in Motion)
Wednesday - Spin class (VENT Fitness)
Thursday - 3 miles
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 3 miles
Sunday - 5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment