January 23, 2013

Currently

I noticed that a couple of local bloggers (mainly Jen is Green & the Windshield Diaries) as well as a few other blogs I follow have been writing 'Currently' posts.  These posts are mainly designed to share what's been going on in their lives that wouldn't otherwise make the blog.  It seemed like a fun idea so I figured I would give it a shot as well.
 
Loving: My job!  I am truely grateful to be working for PRA.  I feel challenged everyday, have great coworkers, I'm given the opportunity to travel but above all I truely love the work I am doing and the company I work for!
 
Listening: There seems to be no good new music out there right now so I have been listening to a bunch of 'old' stuff including albums by NEEDTOBREATHE, Green River Ordinance and Yeasayer which a bunch of other songs mixed in.  I also listen to a lot of podcasts during the day - mainly NPR and NBC/MSNBC news. 
 
Reading: I just finished reading 'Under The Banner of Heaven' by John Krakauer which was GREAT book!  I hope to blog about it soon.  Next up will probably be the latest John Grisham novel, 'The Racketeer'.  My sister gave it to me for Christmas and I have read all of his other books - hopefully it'll be good!
 
Watching: There seem to be a number of shows that I've been watching!  Aside from my constant viewing of the current season of Real Housewives of (whatever city happens to be on), I have also been watching Justified on FX.  The show is in it's 4th season and I abolsutely LOVE it!  It is the only show I have ever purchased from iTunes (mainly because I don't want to miss it and I don't normally stay up until 11 PM on Tuesdays) - it's a great show and definitely worth watching!  Other shows Adam and I have been watching include - Homeland (just finished season 2), American Horror Story (season 2's finale is tonight), Downton Abbey (we just finished the 1st season and it has proven quite addicting so far) and GIRLS.  GIRLS is an AWESOME show - watch it! 
 
Thinking about: What am I NOT thinking about - that should be the question!  Work, fitness, weekend plans, what I'm going to cook for dinner, etc ...
 
Stressing about: My level of fitness and why all of the sudden I feel so out of shape.  I am definitely taking steps to remedy the situation but it still causes a decent amount of stress.  There is also one aspect of work that has been causing me stress.  My supervisor would like to me to perform SSI/SSDI outreach at a local homeless shelter/drop in center.  Returning to client service can be stressful in an of itself but I am also worried about doing this in addition to my current workload - but I know I'll be able to make it work.
 
Looking forward to: Warmer weather!  It is cold here y'all!  I'm also looking forward to upcoming work travel - Orlando, FL, Western NY, Iowa, Connecticut and Washington, D.C.  But above all I am looking forward to the prospect of a week at the beach in August!
 
Making me happy: Work makes me pretty happy, as does a certain someone and of course cooking and trying new recipes always makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment