January 2, 2013

Creamy Jambalaya Pasta

The other night I decided to give creamy jambalaya pasta a whirl.  I don't normally cook with shrimp, even though I wish I did more.  (I'm always afraid I'm going to over or under cook it.)  I used a cross between the recipes posted by Plain Chicken and Steamy Kitchen but in the end it turned out really well!  A little spicy, a little sweet and tons of creaminess! 
 
Creamy Jambalaya Pasta
Instructions
1 lb pasta (I used bow ties)
1 lb smoked turkey sausage
1 lb shrimp (I used fully cooked)
 1 pint heavy cream
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs minced garlic
½ cup chopped onion
1 tbs cajun seasoning (plus extra for seasoning)
1 tbs smoked paprika seasoning
 1 tsp salt
1 cup white wine
 6 tbs tomato sauce
2 tbs chicken stock
  Parmesan cheese
 
Instructions
Season the turkey sausage and shrimp with cajun seasoning ~ cook the pasta and set aside ~ in a stock pot or dutch oven heat the olive oil and cook the turkey sausage ~ once cooked at the onions and cook until translucent ~ add the garlic and cook until fragrant ~ add white wine and allow to reduce by half ~ once reduced add the heavy cream, cajun seasoning, smoked paprika, salt, tomato sauce, chicken broth and shrimp ~ heat and allow to thicken and reduce by a third ~ once the sauce is ready add the pasta and mix well ~ serve and top with a little grated parmesan cheese.  Enjoy!
 
Creamy Jambalaya Pasta
(This picture is not mine - it came from Plain Chicken - but mine looked very similar!)
This dish was delicious and got thumbs up all around!

Oh and since THIS was such a hit the first time around - I ended up making it again the other night!

No comments:

Post a Comment