May 21, 2013

Weekend Happenings

This past weekend went by wayyy too fast - but don't they always.  I am already looking forward to next weekend - which will be three days long thanks to Memorial Day!  Next weekend I will also run my second race - Survive the Farm 5K Challenge.  But back to this past week/weekend.  Last Tuesday we went to see Aziz Ansari at The Palace in downtown Albany.  This was my first live comedy show and I was excited!  He was incredibly funny!
 
Ticket to Aziz!

Saturday I attended a bridal shower for my friend Elise.  Elise and I worked together at Northeast Parent & Child Society and we have remained friends since I left almost two years ago.  Elise is one of the sweetest people I know - she is also incredibly crafty, has a pet rabbit that acts like a cat and is an incredibly gifted social worker!  Her shower was held at Pat's Barn in Troy; I wasn't quite sure to expect (would it be an actual barn?) but it was one of the best venues for a party I have ever seen - it would also be a great place for a wedding!

Elise with her 'bow bouquet' from all the presents she opened at her bridal shower!
 
After Elise's bridal shower we headed up to Saratoga for the night to hang out with some friends and say goodbye to another friend who will be moving out of the area this week.  One of Adam's friends has a motorcycle and I couldn't help but hopping on to take a picture - suites me don't you think?
 
Me and my hog!
 
For dinner we went to Druther's Brewing Company which is where we had a six course dinner (with beer pairings) on New Year's Eve.  Druther's has a great vibe and some pretty awesome food on the menu.  I ended up ordering the Mac & Cheese (y'all know I can't resist a good mac and cheese every now and then) which was served in a 10 inch cast iron skillet.  This thing was HUGE!  It was so much food - I ate about 1/4 of it and took the rest home - Adam and I ate the rest for lunch the next day.  The mac and cheese was delicious and had a great smokey flavor to it!  Druther's also serves a 'loaded mac and cheese' which I was told we may need to go back for!

Druther's Mac & Cheese
** Drool **

Sunday was spent relaxing - we slept in, went to the gym, got some fro-yo and went to Trader Joe's.  For dinner I made homemade pizza with homemade sauce and a big chef's salad (more on that later).

Pizza with homemade sauce and fresh mozzarella!
 
On to another week!


No comments:

Post a Comment