Possibly! I discovered this recipe on Pinterest (where else) last week and decided to give it a try. I had never made a quiche before so I was a little worried but it turned out even better than I could have imagined!
Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche with a Brown Rice Crust
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix the rice, finely grated cheese and one egg in a bowl. Press the rice mixture into a pie plate.
- Bake brown rice pie crust in a preheated 450 degrees oven until the edges and bottom just start turning golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Mix the remaining eggs, milk, broccoli, sharp cheddar cheese and green onions in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven until golden brown and set in the center, about 30 to 35 minutes.