January 11, 2012

Pasta!

As much as I try to avoid it I do love pasta and sometimes I have to indulge; last night was one of those times.  The past two weeks have been ubber stressful, I haven't been sleeping very well but I am still working out like crazy - so last night I really wanted a good meal but was not in the mood to do any type of major cooking.   I discovered this recipe on Pinterest and it just so happened that I had all the ingredients in my pantry.  It was also SO simple!

Penne pasta
1 jar spaghetti/marinara sauce
1 jar alfredo sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 bag of frozen vegetables
Cook the pasta as directed then mix the sauces and the cheese together.

 Once the pasta is cooked and the sauces/cheese are mixed, toss the sauce, pasta and frozen vegetables together.  Place the mixture in a 9 x 13 pan (although I used and 8 x 8) and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.  I also added a little parmesan cheese to the top!



The dish SUPER delicious, so simple and I also had a ton of leftovers for lunch (and dinner) the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment