January 8, 2012

What did I make this weekend?

Lots of things!  Mainly to keep myself busy and keep my mind off of impending decisions but it certainly resulted in some deliciousness!

I LOVE stroganoff, mainly beef stroganoff but since I no longer really eat meat (especially when I am in Albany) I decided to make broccoli and cauliflower stroganoff!  


I placed the broccoli and cauliflower in the crock pot and covered the veggies with two cans of 'Healthy Request Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup'.  I added about a cup of white wine, some Worcestershire sauce and a couple beef (or vegetable) bouillon cubes.  I let it cook on high for about 3.5 - 4 hours and then served it over pasta!

It also made for some great left overs the next day!

Next up was some whole wheat challah!
(Notice the super cool silicon baking mat that Dana gave me for Christmas!)

Then some peanut butter cookies with Reese's peanut butter chips.
(Get excited co-workers because they are coming to you tomorrow!)


And lastly this morning I made another amazing pot of veggie chili - full of peppers, onions, zucchini and of course beans!


Off to attempt my 6 mile run for the day - yay for half marathon training!  
Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment